Time Tracker (timer) is a format of reporting about the work completed per working day and a convenient time management tool. It demonstrates the time spent on this or that type of activities and helps to plan the task solution process and to build working process in an effective way. If you want to activate it, go to Settings->General Settings and check the box Enable Time Tracker.
What is the purpose of Time Tracker? It displays productivity for every employee
- What has been done
- How much time was spent on every task
- How much time was spent during a day
- Amount of time worked during a month
- Percentage of various types of tasks based on the results for a month (e.g., how much time is spent by a sales manager on cold calls, drawing up offers, etc.).
Time Tracker interfaces
- User’s – for filling out reports
(Time Tracker icon on the side panel)
- Administrator’s – for viewing reports
(Time Tracker icon on the side panel, then selected employee at the top)
- Administrator’s – for entering data
(Settings icon on the side panel, then Time Tracker)
For the purpose of convenience the link to Time Tracker may be also added to the bookmarks bar.
How Reports Are Filled Out by Employees
The Time tracker icon is used on the side panel.
The employee fills out 3 fields of a daily report
- What has been done (mandatory field, min. 10 characters)
- How much time was spent (mandatory field, to be indicated either in hours or minutes)
- Type of task (optional parameter, selection from list. Types are set by the administrator, Settings -> Users -> User -> Task types)
- report for the current date may be filled out/corrected by the employee only on that day
- report for the previous day is unavailable for editing by employee, it can only be viewed
- administrator may grant privileges to an employee for editing any blocked reports (for 1 hour)
- administrator may edit any reports at any time
- it is possible to indicate no more than 2 hours of the time spent on one task ; large tasks can be duplicated for proper time counting
- selection of task type becomes mandatory if an administrator has indicated any designations for a user
How a Report is Viewed by an Administrator
The Time Tracker icon on the side panel is activated, then an employee is selected at the top.
The administrator has access to viewing reports of all users (unlike the user, who can only view his/her own report).
Useful Functions of the Time Tracker
- Links to external reports are added by the employee or administrator. For example, monthly report according to internal form of the company.
For this purpose, it is necessary to complete the form below the box for the days of the month in the report interface. Upon completion, the links to documents with date of their adding are displayed.
- Calculation employee’s monthly results by task types in complete hours and percentages. This data is displayed in the report viewing interface (the Time Tracker icon on the side panel), below days of month.
- Calculating estimated pay of employee*. Fixed hourly rate and fixed monthly salary are supported. This data is displayed in the report viewing interface (the Тime Tracker icon on the side panel), below days of the month.
This approach allows for automation of the preliminary pay calculation process, viewing the data for previous periods, and tracking by employees and administrator of their calculated rate.
Every month, the CRM administrator enters corresponding data for every user and selects the rate type (hourly rate or fixed monthly rate). Learn more about settings in the summary below.
*For accurate calculation, it is necessary to engage your company’s financial professionals. The Time Tracker is not intended for very precise financial operations.